Have you ever thought of owning a car detailing service? If not, you might be missing out on one of the fastest-growing industries. Today, everyone has access to the world through their mobile phones and tablets. That’s why it makes sense to offer car detailing services as an added value with your new car purchase. Why? Well, let’s take a look:
- Car detailing services increase the resale value of your vehicle by at least 10%. In addition, once you start offering these services, there are many more ways to make money from your venture. Efficiently managing inventory is another advantage that this business model provides.
- By using a mobile car detailing service you will have an independent employee working for you instead of relying on a full-time mechanic or a part-time detailer. The latter can only work part-time because they have regular obligations outside of the home, etc.
- Lastly but certainly not least important reason is that having your mobile car detailing service will allow you to grow your business much faster than if you were dependent on a large dealership network or other third-party vendors.
What to Look for in a Mobile Car Detailing Service
When starting your search for a mobile car detailing Kitchener service, you’ll quickly realize that there are a lot of differences between car dealerships, independent detailers, and mobile car cleaning specialists. Before you choose a particular business model, you’ll need to make sure that you’re choosing the right fit for your needs and requirements. Here are just a few of the things that you’ll want to look for.
- The Physical Location of Your Mobile Car Detailing Business. You’ll want your mobile car detailing business to be located in an area that makes sense for both you and your customers. Does your customer live close by? If so, you may want to consider offering a mobile car detailing service that they can access.
- The Size of Your Mobile Car Detailing Staff. Many independent car detailers will simply hire a part-time employee to help with the cleaning of their vehicles. While this might work in some circumstances. It is also an opportunity cost. If you choose to hire a part-time staff member, you are not using that person’s time to grow your business. You are, however, spending money on payroll and benefits that could otherwise be put towards marketing your company and attracting new clients.
- The Pricing Model of Your Mobile Car Detailing Service. Some independent car detailers will offer the same pricing model to all of their customers. They may charge a flat rate for a full auto detail or a la carte pricing for specific services (i.e. leather cleaning, carbon removal, etc.).
- The Reputation and Branding of Your Mobile Car Detailing Service. The reputation and branding of your mobile car detailing service matter because it directly affects the perception of your business by your customers. If your mobile car detailing service is well-known and trusted, then your customers will have confidence in you. They’ll then be more likely to request certain services that they know you can provide, like polishing and waxing their car.
Why You Need A 3-Step Process
Once you’ve found the right business model and physical location for your mobile car detailing business, the next step is to create a process that will help you deliver consistently high-quality results to your customers. To do that, you’ll want to create a 3-step process that includes a variety of different cleaning and detailing services.
- Step One is to take a thorough exterior car wash using a mobile car washer. This will remove any dust and dirt that may have been left behind from the road.
- Step Two is to apply a wax or sealant to the exterior of the vehicle.
- Step Three is to remove those wheels, mats, and other interior car items that have become dirty and need to be cleaned.
How Much Does a Mobile Car Detailing Service Cost?
These days, the cost of a mobile car detailing service is highly dependent on several factors, including the size of your staff and the type of vehicle that you’re detailing. To provide you with a better idea of what to expect, we’ve collected some of the most common car detailing service costs. We’ll walk through each of these costs below.
- The Cost of the Mobile Car Detailing Equipment. Owning your mobile car detailing equipment will help you save on the cost of purchasing paint and other supplies. In addition, you’ll have the flexibility to choose the location of your equipment.
- The Cost of the Mobile Car Detailing Service. This cost is largely determined by the services that you offer and the hours that you charge for your services.
- The Cost of the Maintenance of the Mobile Car Detailing Equipment. This cost is largely determined by how well you take care of it. You’ll want to make sure that your equipment is well-maintained and that it’s in good working order. You’ll also want to make sure that it has all of the necessary safety features. So that you and your customers are protected in the event of an accident.
The Importance of Branding and Reputation
As you can see, the cost of a mobile car detailing service is largely determined by the size of your staff. The services that you offer, and the size and type of equipment that you use. To make a profit from these services, you will also need to maintain a reputation for providing high-quality results for your customers. To build this reputation, you’ll want to invest in a branded logo and vehicle logo for your business that best represents your brand.
You’ll also want to conduct extensive market research to find the best ways to build your brand and reputation. Once you’ve done that, you’ll want to give your customers the best experience possible. To do that, you’ll want to offer a custom experience that includes the use of great mobile car detailing equipment and friendly, knowledgeable staff members.
Mobile car detailing is an exciting new way to generate extra income by cleaning cars on the go. By using a mobile car detailing service, you can make extra money. All this while spending less time working and more time with your family.
As you can see, owning your mobile car detailing business can be a rewarding way to make some extra money. Before you go ahead and invest in a mobile car detailing service. Make sure that you fully understand what it involves. By doing so, you can ensure that you’re getting the most out of your investment.