MSG is a file format used by Microsoft Outlook and Exchange. It keeps track of the message’s data, including the date, sender, and recipient, among other things. To read and view these MSG files in MS Outlook, you must first import them into the Outlook email application. When attempting to import MSG files into Outlook, however, some users have encountered difficulties. If you’re one of those people who needs to save messages to Microsoft Outlook for free, here is the blog for you. We’ll go through all of the best ways to convert MSG files to PST in this article.
However, before we begin, we must understand why people prefer to convert MSG to PST using the best converter software.
The Following are the Reasons for Exporting MSG to PST:
- When you have a large MSG file, there is a potential that the MSG data file will be corrupted.
- When there are a lot of Outlook emails, it’s a better idea to save the essential MSG files into PST files for faster data access. As a result, it is preferable to convert numerous MSG files to PST.
- By switching from MSG to PST, you will be able to protect your files from data loss.
- Users require conversion for a variety of reasons. Now, let’s look at various manual methods for converting MSG files to PST files.
Manually Save Messages to Microsoft Outlook Techniques That Are Popular:
There are two methods for exporting MSG files to PST in the Manual procedure. The following are the methods:
Method #1: Dragging and Dropping
- You must first open Microsoft Outlook and create a new folder in the inbox.
- Second, rename the newly formed folder, and then drag all of the MSG files into it. To export the MSG files to PST, this is saved in a newly generated folder on the local drive of MS Outlook.
- After you’ve exported all of the MSG files, you may use the MS Outlook application to simply access and view them.
- This allows you to quickly retrieve all MSG files as well as attachments.
Method #2 Copy and paste method.
- This is the most straightforward way for converting MSG to PST. All you have to do now is follow the steps below:
- To begin, go to the location where all of the MSG files are located and copy them there.
- Then, open MS Outlook and paste all of the MSG files you copied into the Outlook folder you want.
This manual method is, however, a free way to convert MSG to PST. However, there are several disadvantages to this manual technique, which are listed below:
Manual Approach Limitations or Drawbacks
- This process is only used when a small number of MSG emails need to be exported to the Outlook application.
- You’ll need enough time to manually convert multiple MSG files to PST if you have a lot of them.
- MSG to PST conversion is a time-consuming process; this method is only used when Outlook is already installed on the system and the MSG file needs to be converted to PST.
- When there are multiple files with the same subject, this technique may result in data loss.
- As you can see, the manual approach has numerous restrictions and drawbacks. To avoid complications like these, it’s best to use an automated method to convert MSG to PST.
Professional software is used in the automated technique. The MSG Converter Tool, for example, allows users to save messages to Microsoft Outlook. There is no chance of data loss while utilizing this converter program, as there is when using the manual method. It has advanced functions that even a non-tech user can utilize.
We’ve covered two methods to save messages to Microsoft Outlook in this article. It’s a combination of manual and automated methods. If we compare the two, the automatic approach should be chosen for a perfect conversion. The use of a conversion tool ensures that the process is carried out perfectly and that your sensitive data is kept securely.