PSI (Page Speed Insight) means to analyze the speed of web pages on the mobile as well as on the desktop. After getting an idea about the page speeds of your web pages, you will be able to get the best suggestions for the improvement of your website.
There are various tools to get an idea about the speed of your website but Google Page Speed Insight is considered as the best tool to analyze the performance of your website. Here, we will discuss how you can understand website performance in the page speed insights.
Things To Learn From Page Speed Insights:
With the help of page speed insights, it is easy for you to examine your performance on the mobile as well as on the stationary devices. PSI will provide you with the following data to analyze the performance of your website;
PSI determines the speed of your website on the basis of two factors. First is known as FCP (First Contentful Paint). It means that the browser will render the content of your website on the screen of the users. Secondly, there comes DCL (DOMContentLoaded).
It means that the browser will load the initial structure of your website without images and frames etc. After making the calculation, PSI assigns a score out of a hundred. This score shows that either your website is fast, slow or average.
PSI also determines the optimization of your website and assigns a score out of 100. This score is assigned after evaluating redirects and utilization of browser cache. After getting the score, you will be able to improve the performance of your website.
For example, if PSI has assigned a score above 90, it means that your website is providing the best experiences to users. If it assigns a score from 50 to 89, it means that you should fix some things. If it assigns below 50 scores, it means that you will have to seriously think about the performance of your website.
With the help of PSI, you will also get an idea about the statistics of different pages of your website. It means that PSI will provide you with an idea which pages of your website are performing well and which pages require improvement.
After getting these statistics, you will be able to apply the same techniques on all the pages of your website. As a result, the overall speed of your website will be improved.
Steps Required Understanding Website Performance in Page Speed Insights:
There are lots of tools are available to get an idea about the speed of your website but Google Page Speed Insights is the best tool to you as suggested by experts of cheap dissertation writing service. In order to determine the speed of your website with the help of Google page speed insights, you should take the following steps;
Google PageSpeed Insights
1) In order to determine the speed of your website on Google’s Page Speed Insights. You should click on the following link;
2) After clicking on this link, a search bar will open. You just need to copy the URL of your website and paste it in this search bar. After pasting URL of your website, you should hit the analyze button.
3) First of all, it will show the speed of your website against mobile devices. If you have got a score above 90, it means that your website is providing the best user experience to the viewers on mobile devices.
On the other hand, if your website gets a score of 50 to 89, it means that your website is providing average user experience and you will have to fix some things. If your website gets a score of 0 to 49, it means that your website is not providing the best user-experience to the viewers and you should consider the performance of your website.
4) Along with assigning a score to your website, it will also provide some suggestions for the improvement. If you are interested in providing the best user experience to the viewers, you should seriously think about these suggestions and try to improve the speed of your website.
5) On the top left corner of the page, you will see two options. First is for mobile devices and second is for desktop. After analyzing the speed of your website against the mobile devices, you should click on the desktop in order to analyze the speed of your website against the desktop.
6) Just like mobile devices results, it will also assign some score to your website against the desktop. If it is above 90, it is good for your website. Anyhow, if it is below 90, you will have to fix some essential things that are suggested.