Snapchat is probably currently THE app that is most popular with teens. But the audience is getting older and I am convinced that this app will bring very exciting developments. One more reason to dedicate today’s article to Snapchat and also to admit a bit of my own addiction. First of all, advertising on our own behalf: Its.alix 😉
The exciting thing about Public Profile Snapchat for me is the closeness between the viewer and the snapper. Bloggers that I always liked lost some of my sympathy points, while others surprised me in a positive way. As a blogger, you get quick feedback on Snapchat and can communicate differently with your readers (if you want to). As a private person, you get exciting insights into situations that no other medium has made possible so far. In addition, it gives back a bit of control, allowing you to decide for yourself what you want to show and how.
The exchange with the reader is more direct than ever, the content more up-to-date than ever and, thanks to deletion after 24 hours, also more unfiltered than ever.
What is Snapchat anyway?
For those who only understood the station, I will try to briefly explain the Snapchat communication app. You have the option to send other people private messages, 10-second videos, or post them in a public “story”. Private snaps can be viewed twice, public snaps for 24 hours before being automatically deleted. The special thing is that you don’t need the number of the person but only their Snapchat nickname to find and contact them. If you do not publish this name and set your profile to private (caution: the default setting is always private), nobody will find the snapsand you will not be contacted – don’t worry.
What I don’t want to see on Snapchat anymore – My personal flops
- lip singing . The worst thing for me personally are lip singers who don’t know the lyrics or just move lasciviously to the music. Okay, you can do it once to recommend the great music title but please not several snaps in a row.
- Display time of the photos . Anyway, I usually find pure photo stories rather boring. Better: set the photo time short and adapt it to the photo. If you want to read something, you can set the time higher, is it a selfie or a snapshot…come on – 2 seconds are enough.
- Snaps from partying . Here, too, I think one (!) snap is okay, for the impression and for the ‘take yourself factor’, but please don’t take 10 snaps into the crowd with a pounding bass or film yourself (lasciviously) sipping a drink.
- On the go snaps where someone really snaps where you are and what you are doing there all the time.
- Random other people snap with the request: “say hi” and the surprising reply “hiii!” and an embarrassed wave from a, usually, stranger.
Read More : Importance of Digital Marketing
How to get more followers on Snapchat?
Increasing your followers on Snapchat is not that easy. There are some ideas here:
- Share your Snapchat name on other social media platforms and write it in your profile, for example. You can also share particularly successful snaps to show potential viewers a teaser.
- Produces good and regular content. With Snapchat, I feel like quantity over quality sometimes. However, I am convinced that good content will prevail in the long term and that viewers will want to see you in the long term. And through word of mouth and Snapchat propaganda, your accounts will be recommended to others.
- Tag each other. If you are traveling together or talking about someone then write the appropriate snap name. Because everyone is looking for new, exciting Snapchat stories.