With the advances made in the medical field cure to ailments once considered untreatable are now conceivable. Patients can recover quickly after surgical procedures with the use of the latest technology, especially in the area of orthopedics, technological assistance lends a hand to surgeons in successful operations. Living with pain is not a choice of any person on the other hand orthopedist try hard to cure chronic musculoskeletal concerns.
Joint pain is a common complaint among people nowadays. It ranges from mild to severe and the reason for pain varies. Some experience joint pain due to injury while others develop diseases like arthritis that eats away joint strength. Bone disintegration and regeneration is a natural process that imbalances with growing age leaving bones weak and more susceptible to damage. As joint replacement surgery in Pakistan become familiar it instigated hope to regain lost mobility.
When replacement surgery is required?
Joint pain needs to be treated immediately either surgically or non-surgically depending on severity. Mild ones can be handled through medications like painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs along with physical therapies as guided by an expert. After an injury joint immobilization for a short period also helps to improve. Severe conditions demand surgical repairs that let the surgeon fix pain triggering issues but if the pain persists and no other solution is effective enough to relieve pain, joint replacement surgery is the ultimate decision. This helps to manage pain and revive lost motion. It proved very effective and positive results have been observed so far with patients enjoying a maximum range of motion.
How it is conceived?
The patient’s health checkup is conducted a day before and on a surgery day, to make sure if his body is ready for a surgical procedure or not. Anesthesia is given to unconscious the patient so he or she doesn’t feel pain while the whole procedure. The cut is made over the affected joint and damaged bone or cartilage is removed carefully and substituted with prosthetic or artificial joint composed of metal, plastic, or ceramics. Prosthetic joint impersonates function of healthy joint thus returning lost mobility without pain. For instance, a hip replacement surgeon in Pakistan switched the damaged head of the femur with a metal ball which is fixed in place with a long metal stem attached to it and inserted into the femur for stability whereas a socket in the pelvis is exchanged with a plastic one.
Types of joint replacement surgeries
Joint replacement surgery could be either partial or total joint replacement. For partial replacement, only the damaged part of the joint like cartilage in most cases is replaced while in total joint replacement the whole joint is uprooted and exchanged with an artificial joint replicating the motion of an original joint. Joint replacement surgery in Pakistan is carefully monitored and conceived under the watchful eyes of experts in the field. Shoulder, knee, and hip surgeries are some of the common types conducted mostly.
Useful outcomes of joint replacement surgery
Techniques for joint replacement have been much improved till now showing useful outcomes.
- An immediate benefit is pain relief. Joint damages induce pain which aggravates with time as joints remain in use and proper care is ignored. Such pain hinders daily activities leading to immobility. To overcome such sufferings and unruly pain that couldn’t be cured through other methods joint replacement surgery is highly recommended. It is a permanent solution to unending pain.
- Patients could regain lost mobility and can enjoy given up activities like hiking, swimming, biking, sports, and jogging fearlessly as pain is no more an issue after joint replacement surgery. Hence, it improves life quality and the person can pursue activities once admired.
- Loss of motion and hindrance to activities may arise anxiety, depression, heart diseases, diabetes, and other health issues. Living with pain weakens a person affecting overall health. So it is a wise decision to get a painful and incurable joint replaced instead of taking lots of medicines like painkillers which may have Sid effects in a long run.
- It is a safe procedure although like other surgical procedures complications adhere to joint replacement surgery also but, improvement in surgical methods minimized such hitches. The patient can use the operated joint right after surgery.
- Better techniques let the surgeon especially the knee and hip replacement surgeon in Pakistan perform surgery as an outpatient procedure. Less hospital stay ensures good recovery and care at home. As elongated stays in hospital increase the probability of catching other diseases.
Development of infection, blood clots, injury to blood vessels or nerves. And allergic reaction to prosthetic parts are a few complications that may be encountered in some cases. But, such issues can be handled and minimized intelligently because every surgical procedure is followed by impediments. The benefits of joint replacement surgery are far more than the complications it brings about. It’s a revival of a new life for those who spend days and nights in suffering.