Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessors Code of Conduct
Guidelines Section 1:
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must behave ethically and with integrity in professional pursuits.
- A Surveyor And Loss Assessor‘s integrity must imply not merely honesty but fair dealing and truthfulness.
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must strive for objectivity in professional and business judgment.
- A Surveyor and Loss Assessor must act impartially on and instructions from an insurer about a policy holder’s claim.
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must conduct himself with courtesy and consideration to the insurance product consumers.
- A Surveyor and Loss Assessor must carry out his professional work with due diligence, care skills, and proper regard.
- A Registered Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must keep himself updated with all developments relevant to his professional practice. Related Service: Fema Consultants
- A Surveyor and Loss Assessor must maintain a proper record of his work and comply with all relevant laws.
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must assist his colleagues to obtain professional qualifications and provide free practical training.
- A Surveyor and Loss Assessor must that work only as Surveyor in the insurance business and not undertake any business.
- A Surveyor must maintain a register of survey work , containing the relevant information, such as
- details of the insured, insurer, policy number,
- date of allocation of survey work,
- date of submission of the survey report,
- amount of claims assessed,
- such fee details and shall keep important records of the survey reports,
- photographs and other important documents for three years and furnish the same and such other specified returns.
- Related Service: Dot Consultant
Guidelines Section 2:
- If the litigation involves the necessary information, then the surveyor must maintain the information till the conclusion of the litigation.
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must acknowledge receipt of the fee or remuneration received for carrying out survey work.
- A registered Surveyor must disclose to all parties the acceptance of engagement that affect any party’s interests.
- In case of conflict of interest, Surveyor must notify all interested parties immediately and seek instructions for his continuance.
- An Surveyor appointed by insurer must only survey and assess the loss and not deal with claim settlement.
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must comply with the provisions of AOA, regulations, and Code of Ethics.
- A Surveyor must comply with all the provisions of the Act, the IRDA Act, the Rules and Regulations made thereunder. Related Service: Insurance Broker License
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must not accept any direct or indirect benefits other than the assessment fee.
- A Surveyor must not accept or perform survey works in areas he does not hold a license.
- A registered Surveyor and Loss Assessor must not use any confidential information acquired by him in his professional work.
- An Insurance Surveyor and Loss Assessor must not accept work that he is not competent to undertake.
- A registered Surveyor and Loss Assessor must not perform any outsourced activity other than those permitted by the Authority.
- Surveyor and Loss Assessor must not disclose any information about a client or employer, or policyholder acquired by him. Related Service: ISNP
Insurer’s Code of Conduct
- An Insurer must conduct an inquiry in case of violation of the Code of Conduct by the appointed Surveyor.
- The Insurer and Directors/Company’s Partners/Firm must ensure that the licensed Surveyor carry out the final survey and assessment.
- Directors and Partners of Company/Firm must exercise reasonable and prudent oversight on all actions of Surveyors employed by the Firm.