How to Restore VMDK File in VMware – Know Flawless Solution
In this article, I am going to tell you simple and brisk methods by which you can restore VMDK files in VMware. So let’s begin the article.
The VMDK file extension have associated with the Virtual Machine Disk (VMDK) format specification used with VMware virtual machine files.
Non-virtualized computers load and perform hundreds or thousands of single files, including OS files, device drivers, application components, and data files. Virtualization abstracts the program from the underlying hardware and puts all the constituent data for a given VM (Virtual Machine) in an individual disk file. The disk file is basically a complete and independent VM.
Reason Behind Corruption of VMDK File
According to various users’ points of view, there are several reasons behind Corrupt VMDK files. But a few top reasons are mentioned below.
- Hard Drive Not Responding:- It may happen that the hard disk drive gets damaged or corrupted during the making of an HDD by the manufacturer or firmware.
- Accidentally Transfer Files Over Faulty Hardware:- Virtual hard drives sometimes also show an error when by mistakenly the user transfers VMDK files sometimes also display error when by accidentally the user transfers the Virtual files over corrupted hardware or by making the connection with faulty hardware. Deleting Virtual HDD during usage also generates an error in the drive.
- Virus or Malware Attacks:- The user has to face VMDK corruption or unreadable error due to a virus attack onto the system which leads to the permanent deletion of the Virtual machine data from the Virtual hard disk drive. It also infects the applications installed on the computer.
- All of Sudden System Shut Down:- If the system is not closed or shut down in a proper way then it may be the reason for the corruption of VMDK files of Virtual machine which makes the Hard Disk Drive show error during its usage.
- Updating Antivirus Software on Hard Disk Drive:- Installing antivirus software over the Virtual machine leads the VMDK to display bizarre behavior while the user will try to run it.
- Humans Error:- Mistakenly formatting VMDK or deleting a few crucial computer files from the Virtual hard disk drive managing the disk in the wrong manner etc. All these can be the reasons for VMDK corruption.
Automated Way to Recover VMDK File
Talking about the best and simple tricks to solve the VMDK file corruption remedy then here the SoftwarePro VMDK Recovery Software stands first in the row. The software comes with advanced technology which permits you to recover VMDK files in VMware with ease. It has an interactive graphical user interface that even a novice can use without prior tech knowledge.
Steps to Restore VMDK Files in VMware
- Download and Install the VMware deleted file recovery software on Windows PC
- Then Hit on open button.
- After that click on the Scan option
- Preview restored data in the application panel
- Save restored data at the desired destination.
Through this write-up. We have tried to make you understand the VMDK file and discuss the corruption-related issues with the VMDK file. So, the brisk and simple methods have been discussed in this write-up. For faster outcomes, the user can go for the SysTools VMware recovery software. Which can simply restore the VMDK file in VMware within a minute without any data alteration.