Most people know that your health and safety are at the heart of law enforcement agencies. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, or FSSAI, is a government-owned organization that reports to the Department of Health and Welfare. Sections 31 (1) and 31 (2) of the Food Security Standards and Standards 2006 regulate the operation of the private sector. Owners should be familiar with the FSSAI registration process because all those working in the food industry in India are required to register with FSSAI.
You can get your FSSAI Registration/License in a few simple steps now. Select the most trustworthy and convenient tax services and registrations, including FSSAI registration, GST registration, trademark registration, and many more. Keep reading this blog to learn more.
Types of FSSAI Registration
Any food business owner’s ultimate goal should be to assure food safety and satisfaction. To help achieve this goal, the government formed the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. Business owners can register with the FSSAI in one of three ways, depending on the type of their company.
- Central Licence: Large Food Businesses
- State Licence: Medium Food Businesses
- Basic Registration: Small Food Businesses
The FSSAI requires small food retailers and vendors to register. Individuals who manufacture or sell food must register with the FSSAI, whether they do so directly or through a merchant, hawker, or temporary stall owner. Slaughtering and meat processing facilities, as well as milk production facilities, are all regulated by the FSSAI. Companies that routinely distribute food at religious or social occasions must also register with the FSSAI. Furthermore, the FSSAI welcomes registrations from all food industry operators with annual revenues of less than Rs. 12 lakh.
Eligibility Criteria for Basic FSSAI Registration
To be eligible for FSSAI basic registration, food businesses must meet the following requirements.
- Food production capacity in manufacturing facilities must be less than 100 kg/ltr per day.
- Milk production units with a maximum capacity of 500 liters per day or 2.5 metric tonnes per year
- Units that generate less than 100 kg or liters of vegetable oil per day are classified as small.
- Meat processing plants with a daily output of less than 100 kg or 30 MT are likewise prohibited.
- There are further slaughterhouses with daily capacities of two large, ten tiny, or fifty poultry.
- With annual sales of less than 12 lakhs, cold storage facilities, wholesalers, suppliers, transporters, retailers, and distributors are eligible.
- Owners of dhabas, clubs, canteens, motels, and restaurants have revenue of fewer than 12 lakhs per year.
Things you need to know about Basic FSSAI Registration
The FSSAI’s specific eligibility criteria and recommendations will benefit all food business owners (FBOs). As a result, in order to stay on the right side of the law, business owners must evaluate these requirements and stay current on advancements.
At least thirty days before their license expires, all food industry owners must apply for FSSAI registration renewal. If you have any doubts, you should seek the counsel of a qualified legal professional.
FSSAI also classifies food safety in the following ways depending on compliance levels:
- C- Compliance
- NC- Noncompliance
- PC- Partial compliance
- NA- Not applicable
Benefits of having an FSSAI License
The following are some of the benefits of obtaining an FSSAI License:
- Systematically improves food safety and security
- Increases brand value by increasing consumer awareness.
- Provides a variety of legal advantages
- Aids in the regulation of imported food
- The company’s future expansion is made easier.
Tax HelpDesk can assist food businesses of all sizes with their FSSAI registration. Our legal experts will gather information about your business and recommend the appropriate type of FSSAI registration for you. Our staff will next gather the appropriate information from you and file your application with the FSSAI on your behalf. We’ll also handle any follow-up questions you may have and ensure you receive your FSSAI registration certificate. Furthermore, to complete their verification procedure, the authorized authorities may perform a physical check of your property. Tax HelpDesk can help your business get an FSSAI registration, as well as other legal registrations including trademark registration and GST registration. Contact us for the best advice and service.